Gambia Trip 2014 – 7 nights, including 4 nights camping
· Friday 24th January to Friday 31st January 2014 (Gatwick)
· Saturday 25th January to Saturday 1st February 2014 (Manchester)
What were the objectives of the trip?
· To distribute educational and sports equipment to schools in the north of Gambia
· To install a solar power system to generate electricity for a medical centre
· To implement a water irrigation system to support our vegetable garden
· To support our nursery school
· To run a football, child protection and first aid course for teachers, youth workers and grassroots football coaches
· To set up an adventure playground
· To set up a chicken coop
Previous successes of previous trips
The renovation of a medical centre; building the foundations of a nursery; delivering Child Protection training course; developing Schools’ curriculum's; equipping a rural village with 2 professionally dug water boreholes, robust pumps and hoses and developed an agricultural area to grow crops all year round.
What did we do and where was the money spent?
Project 1: Medical Centre Development – Creating a solar panelling system to provide electricity to the building.
Project 2: Sustainable agricultural provision – To create an irrigation system from the current borehole to sustain the growth of the current land.
Project 3: Building an Adventure Playground – To build play facility for the children and young of Sittanunku
Project 4: Children and Young People’s Projects – Providing a varied programme of teacher training, Football coaching, First Aid training and school curriculum development to enhance the quality of services delivered to children and young people.
I want to go, what do I do now?
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get involved, you will absolutely love it!